Low seniority points for long flights?

General discussions and questions about Turkish Virtual dispatch service or have a flight plan that you would like to share with your fellow sim enthusiasts? Would you like to request a flight plan, or learn how to do your own? Here's the forum for you.

Low seniority points for long flights?

Postby THY4285 » 12 Oct 2020, 21:22

Guys is it normal to get only 4.17 seniority points for an almost 7 hour long flight that is finished with 1025 points??
I find that very cheap and it also appears as if points are dealt at random.
I have received a lot more points for flights above 6 hours so i was wondering what is going on?
THY4285
Rookie

Name: Victor Sinangin
City: Savannah
PID: 4285
Vatsim ID: 1024160

Re: Low seniority points for long flights?

Postby artuncs » 14 Oct 2020, 14:12

Hi Vic, the seniority points given at the end of the flight vary according to the flight types, for example, schedule, charter or assignment flights. Assignment flights are the ones that give the most seniority. The flights that give more seniority afterwards are schedule flights. And the flights with the least seniority are charter flights.

With all this, also FDR has a seniority points calculation module which evaluates the state of approaching to Ils/Vor, day/night conditions, the length of the runway, the weight of the aircraft and airports that are dangerous to approach etc. All these factors affect the seniority score you will receive at the end of your flight.

I hope this explanation helps you to understand.
Erhan M. Artuc
artuncs
Administrator

Name: Erhan M. ARTUC
City: London
PID: 3578
Vatsim ID: 1087117

Re: Low seniority points for long flights?

Postby THY4285 » 14 Oct 2020, 14:48

Thanks for the clarification Erhan. I had a feeling that the type of flight might have an impact on seniority.
My last charter run was indeed credited very low. In the future I have to pay close attention to the destination before joining someone on the last minute jumpseat :D
(Kinda risky business playing with heavies on 1800M runway :oops: )
THY4285
Rookie

Name: Victor Sinangin
City: Savannah
PID: 4285
Vatsim ID: 1024160

Return to Dispatch Office