Adana / LTAF scenery that crashes your flight!

Share your freeware scenery, add-on, etc links here ...
WARNING : The airport scenarios, which are available to download from our website, are "free of charge for individual users, for hobby purposes only." In order to earn an income, scenario owners are able to request a usage fee from those who use these scenarios for commercial and educational purposes.

Adana / LTAF scenery that crashes your flight!

Postby THY4525 » 19 Mar 2021, 19:04

Hello,

I am posting this to inform fellow pilots that intend to fly to/from Adana (LTAF) to avoid the scenery made by SanalPilot, downloadable from http://www.sanalpilot.com/downloads/LTAF.rar because this scenery has objects located on the taxiway with crash detection on and this will crash your flight.

Avoid this scenery in order to avoid problems! :wink:
THY4525

Name: Adrian Dobre
City: Bucureşti
PID: 4525
Vatsim ID: 846157

Re: Adana / LTAF scenery that crashes your flight!

Postby THY4418 » 19 Mar 2021, 21:26

It was the not only scenery that made crash detection but also even high quality payware sceneries can be problem with crash detection. All pilots should turn off crash detection. FDR will detect your real crashes properly :rofl:
THY4418

Name: Hasan Günenç
City: Eskişehir
PID: 4418
Vatsim ID: 1484118

Postby THY4525 » 19 Mar 2021, 21:50

If one turns crash detection off from the settings in the simulator, doesn't that affect also the stress on the aircraft? For example, if the aircraft model was coded in such a way that if is solicited beyond its operational limits some parts break, doesn't turning off the crash detection in the simulator affect that as well?

Personally, I took flying lessons in real the real world and about the virtual flight I am always interested in flying as realistically as possible, so I am interested in keeping the setting to allow stress caused by inappropriate operation of the aircraft to cause damage to the aircraft (when the model is high quality enough to have visible breaking parts coded in).
THY4525

Name: Adrian Dobre
City: Bucureşti
PID: 4525
Vatsim ID: 846157

Postby THY4285 » 19 Mar 2021, 23:25

what you want to disable is collisions with dynamic scenery...all other realism options can be left active so you dont barrel roll your 737 8)
THY4285
Rookie

Name: Victor Sinangin
City: Savannah
PID: 4285
Vatsim ID: 1024160

Postby THY4418 » 20 Mar 2021, 01:20

THY4525 wrote:If one turns crash detection off from the settings in the simulator, doesn't that affect also the stress on the aircraft? For example, if the aircraft model was coded in such a way that if is solicited beyond its operational limits some parts break, doesn't turning off the crash detection in the simulator affect that as well?

Personally, I took flying lessons in real the real world and about the virtual flight I am always interested in flying as realistically as possible, so I am interested in keeping the setting to allow stress caused by inappropriate operation of the aircraft to cause damage to the aircraft (when the model is high quality enough to have visible breaking parts coded in).

The only function of the crash detection is shut off your simulator, unfortunately. FSLabs and PMDG failure system doesn't depends on sim crash detection. For example if you left your doors open, there will be depressurization or If you flying With PMDG 777, you can see TAIL STRIKE eicas message if it was happened. So, crush detection system is actually not providing anything other than sim restart. and also you can remain turned on engine stress but no change :( But while you flying with FDR, you can face with bird strike(until 6000 feet as far as I know) and medical emergencies randomly :) Unfortunately
THY4418

Name: Hasan Günenç
City: Eskişehir
PID: 4418
Vatsim ID: 1484118

Return to Scenarios|Links